How to use sectional editing tools to create and send a custom email
Our Custom Email Builder allows you to create emails with your own content to send to your contacts either immediately or at a later scheduled date.
Create a Custom Email
2. Click "+ Add Section" to add a new section to your email.
3. Select which type of section you'd like to add to your email:
- Text: add a simple paragraph of text
- Headline: the background color and text color in this section will be controlled by the "Edit Email Design" section in your admin
- Button: the button's background color and text color in this section will be controlled by the "Edit Email Design" section in your admin
- Greeting: this section is automatically added to the top of your email to address your contacts by their first name
- Image: add a section with an image.
- File Types: We support all standard image file types.
- Image Resolution: Our email width is 540 pixels.
- Images wider than 540 pixels will be reduced to fit the email.
- Images narrower than 540 pixels will not be blown up to fill the width of the email and will be centered in the section.
- Featured Content: add this widget to include a video or article from your Content Library, with a link to the entire piece on your website
- Multi-Content: add this widget to include several (or even just one) pieces of content from your Content Library in a side-by-side layout
- Curator Content: featured content from the curator
- Video: add this widget to include a video in your email. Click here to learn more
- Divider: add this section to break up your email into distinct sections
4. When you're finished creating your email, you can preview it by clicking "Preview Email" or "Send a Test Email." Note, You cannot send a test email until you add a subject line to your email.
Send a Custom Email
When you're ready to send your custom email, click "Schedule Email" on the top right-hand corner of the custom email builder:
Choose Audience: Next, you will choose the contacts to whom you want to send your email:
Send to All Contacts: send the custom email to all of your contacts.
Send to a Group: you can select to send to an existing group or multiple groups of contacts.
Send to an Individual: select an email address or multiple email addresses you'd like to send the greeting card to.
Choose Send Date: Once you've selected your audience, you will choose when to send your email:
You can either:
Send ASAP: Your email will be sent as soon as it's approved by compliance.
Schedule a future date: Your email will be sent at a future date of your choosing as long as it's been approved by compliance (if not approved in time, your email will not send).
Confirm Your Details: Lastly, you will confirm (or edit) the following:
Your Email Will Be Sent To: The audience you selected.
Your Email Will Be Sent On This Date: The date you selected.
Your Email Will Be Signed As: Select either your Display Name or Company Name.
Think you'll send this email again? Save your email as a template for future use: Check this box to save this email as a template. You'll be prompted to enter a name for the email template.
Once you're ready to send your email, click the "Send Email" button.
Sent & Scheduled Emails
After you've sent an email, your email will appear under Email >>Sent & Scheduled in the navigation pane on the left side of your dashboard:
Click here to learn more about the Sent & Scheduled Emails page.