If Network Solutions is your DNS provider, follow the steps below to update your DNS.
First, log in to your Account Manager. Within Account Manager, select “My Domain Names.” Select the domain name you want to change and choose “Manage.” In the green box, select “Change Where Domain Points” and select “Advanced DNS.” Next, you’ll select the type of record you would like to work with.
To change A records:
- In the IP Address (A records) section, click on the “Edit A Records” button.
- To remove or and replace an existing Numeric IP address, you first must select the box next to each A record you need to delete and click “Continue.” On the “Confirm DNS Changes” page, click “Save Changes.” If you need to add the new Host and Numeric IP addresses or update the existing Numeric IP addresses, enter the appropriate information in the text boxes, if needed modify the TTL settings (7200 is the default) then click on the “Continue” button
- A confirmation page will appear verifying that your records have been updated, review the information carefully, and then click the “Save Changes” button.
To change CNAME records:
- Log in to the Account Manager.
- Within Account Manager, use the drop-down under “My Domain Names” to choose the domain you’d like to manage and click the “Go” button
- In the green box, select “Change Where Domain Points.”
- Select “Advanced DNS.”
- Click the “Continue” button
- If the domain name was not previously pointed to Network Solutions® nameservers (DNS) you will receive a page with messaging regarding this change. If you’d like to continue, click the “Move Nameservers to Network Solutions®” button
- In the Host Alias (CNAME Records) section, click “Edit CNAME Records”
- Enter or edit the alias name in the Alias text box
- Select one of the two options, “Refers to Host Name” or “Other Host”. If you selected “Refers to Host Name”, select the host name from the drop-down box under the “Host Name” column. If you selected “Other Host”, enter or edit a name in the “Other Host” text field
- Click “Continue”
To add a TXT SPF record:
- In the Text (TXT Records) section, click "Edit TXT Records."
- Add the necessary host names and values.
- Click "Continue."
- Confirm the records are correct and click "Save."
Once updated, these changes may take up to 48 hours to be reflected on the internet.