Google Analytics is the tool to use to find out where your site visitors are coming from and what pages on your site are most popular. Integrate your Google Analytics account to be sure you are tracking all of this valuable information!
Watch our webinar: Website Insight with Google Analytics
To add Google Analytics tracking to your FMG Suite website, first, be sure you have your Google Analytics Tracking ID handy. You will need this code in order to apply analytics tracking to your account. Click here for guidance on finding your Tracking ID.
If you don't already have a Google Analytics account, click here for instructions on how to set one up!
Applying Your Google Tracking ID to Your FMG Suite Website
1. When you have your Google Analytics Tracking ID ready, log in to your FMG Suite admin and navigate to Website >> SEO:
2. At the top of the page, you will see a Google Analytics section. Simply paste your Google Analytics Tracking ID here, and click "Publish."
Once your changes have been published, Google will begin tracking your website traffic. Please allow up to 4 weeks for data to be compiled and displayed in your Google Analytics account.
Creating a Google Analytics Account
Go to https://www.google.com/analytics/analytics/ to create your account.
Next, click “Start for free." You'll need to sign in to Google to continue. Either create an account or sign in to your Google account. and then click "Start measuring" on the following page.
Account setup: For the account details, fill in “Account Name” with your name. And under "Account Data Sharing Settings," you can select how you'd like to share your Google Analytics data.
Property setup: For the property details, enter your company name under “Property name.” You can also choose your time zone and currency type here.
About your business: Under the business information set your “Industry Category” to “Finance," enter in your business size, and select how you intend to use Google Analytics by checking the corresponding boxes. Click the "Create" button.
You will then need to review the "Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement." Read the service agreement, click the boxes to accept the terms, and click "I Accept." You will then be prompted to select your email communications preferences. Now your account has been set up!
Next, you will need to create a new property to get a Google Analytics Tracking ID.
Creating a New Property and Tracking ID
1. After you create an account, you will be directed to the Admin>Property section. You'll need to create a new property by clicking the "+ Create Property" button:
*Not seeing this page? You can navigate to your Google Analytics Admin page by clicking on the gear icon located at the bottom of the left navigation bar.
2. Fill in the Property name, and click "Show Advanced Options":
3. Toggle on the "Create Universal Analytics Property" switch, enter your URL, and select the "Create Universal Analytics Property only" radio button. Click "Next":
4. Fill in your business information on the next step, and click then click "Create":
5. You will then be directed to your Admin>Tracking Info>Tracking Code page where you will see your Google Analytics Tracking ID:
6. You can now add your Tracking ID to your FMG Suite website using the directions listed above!