Google Analytics is the tool to find where your site visitors are coming from and what pages on your site are most popular. Integrate your Google Analytics account to be sure you are tracking all of this valuable information!
Watch our webinar: Website Insight with Google Analytics
To add Google Analytics tracking to your FMG website, first, be sure you have your Google Analytics Tracking or Measurement ID handy. You will need this code to apply analytics tracking to your account. Click here for guidance on finding your Tracking "G-" ID.
If you don't already have a Google Analytics account, click here for instructions on how to set one up!
Applying Your Google Tracking ID to Your FMG Website
1. When you have your Google Analytics Tracking ID ready, log in to your FMG admin and navigate to Website >> SEO:
2. At the top of the page, you will see a Google Analytics section. Paste your Google Analytics Tracking or Measurement ID here, and click "Publish."
Once your changes have been published, Google will begin tracking your website traffic. Please allow 24 to 48 hours for data to be compiled and displayed in your Google Analytics account. You may use the Realtime report to confirm that you're successfully collecting data.
Creating a Google Analytics Account
Go to https://www.google.com/analytics/ to create your account.
Next, click “Get started today" You'll need to sign in to Google to continue. Either create an account or sign in to your Google account. And then click "Start measuring" on the following page.
Account setup: For the account details, fill in “Account Name” with your name. And under "Account Data Sharing Settings," you can select how you'd like to share your Google Analytics data.
Property setup: For the property details, enter your company name under “Property name.” You can also choose your time zone and currency type here.
About your business: Under the business information, enter your “Industry Category” to “Finance," enter your business size, and select how you intend to use Google Analytics by checking the corresponding boxes. Click the "Create" button.
You must review the "Google Analytics Terms of Service Agreement." Read the service agreement, click the boxes to accept the terms, and click "I Accept." You will then be prompted to select your email communications preferences. Now your account has been set up!
Next, you must create a new property to get a Google Analytics Tracking ID.
Creating a New Property and Tracking ID
1. After you create an account, you will be directed to the Admin>Property section. You'll need to create a new property by clicking the "+ Create Property" button:
*Not seeing this page? You can navigate to your Google Analytics Admin page by clicking on the gear icon located at the bottom of the left navigation bar.
2. Fill in the Property name, and click "Next":
4. Fill in your business information on the next step, and click then click "Create":
5. You will then be directed to your Data Streams page, where you can choose a platform. Click on the "Web" button under Choose a platform.
6. Fill in your Website URL and a Stream name, and then click "Create stream":
7. You will then be directed to your Web stream details page, where you will see your Google Analytics Measurement ID (also known as Tracking ID). You can copy the ID by clicking on the button next to it.
8. You can now add your Tracking ID to your FMG website using the above directions!