You probably know we offer a library of great content, with more fresh resources coming out every week. We’re pretty proud of that, and we talk about it all the time. But you might not realize just how much we do behind the scenes. To keep our library fresh, we are continually maintaining, reviewing, and updating our entire collection. Here’s what you need to know about our process.
What Do We Mean by “Update?”
While every content piece is a little different, here’s an outline of our typical process:
- A full-time Content Researcher reviews the resource in question (article, video, infographic, presentation, or other) and identifies any outdated information.
- Working with our on-staff Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and copywriting team, the Researcher digs into all facts, sources, legal changes, dates, industry shifts, regulatory or compliance-related requirements, and other data presented in the content piece.
- Our design and video teams may also provide refreshed, accurate visuals, paying close attention to ensure that the piece is inclusive, diverse, and accessible to every audience.
- Once all fact-checking and updates are complete, the content piece is given a final proof and QA before handing it off to our publishing team.
- If a new FINRA letter is needed, the publishing team will resubmit the piece for review and attach the new FINRA letter when it comes back.
- Finally, our ninja-like publishing team replaces the outdated content with the new version, and the process is complete.
You Can’t See It, But It’s Always Happening.
All of this action happens behind the scenes to give you a completely seamless experience. In addition to regular updates, our experts also keep an eye on the latest legal developments. We’ll run a full update audit whenever a significant event occurs (like we did with the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act in 2017 and the SECURE Act in 2019).
Our Content Team cares deeply about protecting your reputation (and ours!) as a provider of top-notch resources, and we don’t take your trust for granted. To save you any embarrassment, we will occasionally retire content that is no longer relevant or helpful.
How Often Do We Update Content?
Our updates schedule varies by content-type:
- Articles and infographics: every year
- Videos & presentations: every two years
- Calculators: as needed
While we may update even more frequently if the need arises, this schedule is our minimum. So whether you’re looking at a resource we just produced or an older library favorite, you can be confident that it’s current (or pending review).
Our goal is to provide the most accurate, relevant, and timely information available. If you see something that doesn’t look right, please email us at email@example.com. Our Content Team will be happy to check it out.