In this article, we will cover how to add new events to your website!
To create a new event, simply navigate to Events >> Create Event:
At the top of the event builder, some users will see a few Event Themes to choose from:
Select a theme and we will populate the following fields on your event - all of which can be edited to your heart's content!
- Event Name
- Landing Page Header Image
Whether you start from scratch or from a theme, the following fields are required on the event builder:
- Event Name
- Event Date + Time
- Location Name
Private or Invite-Only Events
Got an event that you don't want to be listed on your main "Events" page, for anyone to find and register for? Easy!
Simply select the "hide from event list" checkbox:
When this option is enabled, you can simply share the URL of your event landing page with the clients and prospects you want to invite to your event!
In the "Registration Options" section of the event builder, you can control the following:
- "Allow guests to register for this event": this option displays a "Register" button on your site so people can RSVP for the event. If you do not wish to collect registration information, you do not need to select this box.
- "Registration closes": determine when you would like to close registration for the event. The "Register" button will be removed from your website at this time.
- "Use custom registration link": when this box is checked, the "Register" button on your website will link to the URL you enter here. RSVPs will not be recorded here on your event; you will need to manage those elsewhere.
- "Limit # of signups": when this box is checked, the number of people that can register for your event will be limited to the number that you've entered.
Under "Details for people who register," you can add a special message that will be shared only with the people who register for your event. This message will be included in the TWO confirmation emails that we send to your registrants:
- The first email is sent immediately after they register for the event
- The second email is sent 24 hours before the event is scheduled to start
Note: once your first event is approved, "Events" will be added to your navigation automatically. You can always remove or move this navigation item if you'd like! Simply navigate to Website >> Navigation to make your edits.
Watch our webinar: Save the Date: Event Marketing