To add an internal URL (a link that points to a page on your website), navigate to Website >> Navigation:
Next, click "Add Nav Item" at the top of the page:
A pop-up window will open with the following fields:
- Nav Label: This is the text that will appear on your menu
- Nav Type: Choose either "Parent" or "Child" in the dropdown.
A "Parent" menu item will be a main menu item, whereas a "Child" menu item will not appear until the "Parent" menu item is clicked. See graphic below for more details.
If you choose "Child," an additional dropdown menu will appear allowing you to select the "Parent" of the menu item.
- Link To: Choose the page you would like to link to in the dropdown here.
Once you click "Add" in the pop-up above, your new menu item will be added to the menu. You can drag and drop the menu item if necessary.
Click "Publish" to save your changes.
- If the page you're linking to has been approved by compliance, it will appear on your live site right away.
- If they page you're linking to has not been approved by compliance, it will appear on your live site once that page has been approved.
Parent vs. Child Nav Types
In the example below, "Home," "About" and "Resource Center" are Parent menu items.
"Team," "Mission," etc. are Child menu items.