What is Zoom?
Zoom is a platform for video and audio conferencing, making it a great tool to use to host a webinar. Their free starter plan allows up to 100 video participants with a 40-minute time limit.
How to Create a Zoom Account
- In your internet browser, head over to zoom.us
- Click the "Sign Up, It's Free" button in the top right corner.
- Follow Zoom's prompts and fill out your information to register your account.
Hosting a Webinar Meeting in Zoom
Sign in to your Zoom account. On the top right corner, click on "Schedule a Meeting" and fill the page out with your event details. Then toggle the options you want for your meeting. We recommend the below items:
- Topic - Make sure the topic is attention-grabbing, yet clear on what the webinar will cover.
- Description - Even though this is an optional box, you should include a description that covers why someone should attend your webinar. Include what they will learn from watching it.
- Security - Passcode- You can require a meeting password for them to join, that is up to you and dependent on if you want to restrict your webinar to specific people or open it up to everyone. If you do use a meeting password, make sure you include it in your event confirmation email.
- Video - Whether you turn on or off video for the host is up to you. We recommend you turn it off for participants.
- Meeting Options - It's good practice to "mute participants upon entry" and "automatically record the meeting on the local computer." That way, you won't have any random noises before you start from your participants and your webinar will automatically record so you can share in the future.
Sharing the Invite Link
Once you've created your meeting, go to the meeting page in your Zoom account. You'll find this under Meetings > Upcoming Meetings, and you'll see your meeting listed there. If you don't see it under Upcoming, check Previous in case the meeting date you set has already passed. Click into your webinar event and scroll until you find "Invite Link." Copy the entire link and paste it where your webinar attendees can easily access it, such as your website or in an email.
Using FMG Suite Tools To Get The Most From Your Webinars
With FMG Suite's all-in-one marketing tools, you can maximize the value of your webinars. We've put together a quick guide on how to use FMG Suite tools to gain more visibility from your webinar. Click on the button below to view the guide.