Our content gating feature is a great way to gather leads from your website: before visitors can access certain content on your site, they must first provide their name and email address. This contact information will be stored in your admin so you can follow up with your leads.
You can enable page gating on the following types of pages/content:
- Resource Library - found in the "Content Library" in your admin; the content gating settings here will apply to all of your Resource Library content (you cannot "gate" individual pieces of content)
- Custom Pages - you can "gate" individual pages by navigating to the preferred page under Website >> Pages and clicking the button below ("Add a Popup")
- Blog Posts - you can "gate" individual blog posts by navigating to Website >> Blog >> Edit Posts (where your approved blog posts are listed) and clicking the button below
You can decide who sees this required form when they attempt to view content on your website. You can choose to require this information for visitors coming from the following places:
- No website visitors (this is the default)
- Social media (for example: if you share a blog post on Facebook, you can choose to collect contact information for visitors who click that Facebook post in order to read your blog)
- Search engines (this is often called "organic" traffic)
- All website visitors
Note: if a visitor to your website has already provided their contact information, we will not display this form again.
Click here to learn more about how to combine our
Page Gating feature with your Social Foundations campaign
to turn your social media traffic into solid leads!